Sunday 7 October 2012

Nice to meet you


My name is Valeria Vitale, I have just finished an MA in Digital Humanities at King’s College London. My background is in multimedia and public engagement and I used to work in Italy for major theatres and museums.  During my MA I started working with 3D visualisation and I became convinced that it can be an extraordinary means to communicate and promote cultural heritage.
I am particularly interested in the use of 3D technologies to build a visual and  cognitive bridge between the archeological site and the related artefacts displayed in museums that are often located in different cities (or even nations). I also think that digital learning environments can be very effective in reinforcing the emotional connection between visitors and ancient objects.

Thanks to the V-Must program, I am back to King’s College for a 3 months internship with King’s Visualisation Lab, under the supervision of Drew Baker and Martin Blazeby. My case study is the British Museum’s forthcoming exhibition “Life and Death. Pompeii and Herculaneum”. Have you heard about it? If you didn’t, have a look at the website.

I am writing this blog to keep records of all the steps of my work, from the readings to the documentation of the 3D model according to the London Charter guidelines.
If you have questions, suggestions or comments feel free to post a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment